Milestones in the History of One USI
 
               
 
1868 - The First Daughters of Charity: Crisologa Navarro, Ignacia Ostolazas, Juana Morga, Rita Delome, Antonia Novoa and Sales Montoya arrived in the Bicol Region to establish the Escuela – Colegio Diocesano de Sta. Isabel upon the request of Lord Don Fray Francisco Gainza, OP, Bishop of Nueva Caceres the imperial benefactress, Queen Isabela II of Spain. On 11 January 1872 a Royal Decree elevated the Colegio de Sta. Isabel to Escuela Normal de Maestras.

1966- Mother Seton Hospital was established in Panganiban Drive, Naga City. In 1991, the hospital transferred to its present location at Roxas Avenue, Naga City. Mother Seton Hospital continues to provide quality health care to Nagueños and Bikolanos.

1966 - Colegio de Sta. Isabel Annex was established on July 11, 1966 in Pili, Camarines Sur through the request of the Parish Priest, Msgr. Bonifacio Boaqueña with the assistance of Sister Imelda Espiritu, D.C., Mother Superior of CSI. The school became independent on June 18, 1971 and was recognized as St. Catherine Laboure School which later was renamed as St. Louise de Marillac School of Pili in 1999.

2001- Colegio de Sta. Isabel is granted its University Status. It acquired the name Universidad de Sta. Isabel.

2002 – Mother Seton Hospital is merged with Universidad de Sta. Isabel making it the university hospital. USI is the only university in the Archdiocese of Caceres offering courses in Health Services which operates its own hospital.

2010 – The Integration of St. Louise de Marillac School of Pili (formerly St. Catherine Laboure School) with the Universidad de Sta. Isabel as a campus started to take shape.

2013 – The three institutions of the Daughters of Charity in the Archdiocese of Caceres consolidate into one organizational entity under the name of Universidad de Sta. Isabel.

 

 
               
 
   
     
    Tel. Nos :
(6354) 473-8417/ 473-8451 /
473-9954


Fax:
(6354) 472-2871

Web Site:
www.usi.edu.ph